Throughout the last year, I've been spinning 2oz bundles of semi solid colorways dyed by FatCatKnits. It was fun. The goal was to spin for a blanket of course.
Now I've finally caked them, and started knitting.
I'm using Evelyn's No-Sew Blankie pattern to make as many rectangles as I can get from the yarn I have, and in the end I will have to do some sewing. At first I thought I'm going to knit them together right away, but I'd like to play with the placement of the colors a bit more, once knitting is done.
It will take me a while. Here are the first three finished rectangles. They are not blocked yet. Size of each one is 16" x 19". The following was the first one. You can see the bumpy seams where you knit the mitered square to the straight section. I didn't like how that looked very much.
The method I have is to take a ball, knit until it's gone, add the next shade and so on. I'm using a contrast color for the middle rectangle.
Here in the blue I've used a different method to attach the square and it looks smoother. (# 3)
# 2 rectangle, the first attachment was still done the original way, but I changed it for the rest of the rectangle.
Anyway, I'm knitting away on them, with lots of spinning in between. Right now it's still fun, but I think I will need to knit some socks or other small things now and again, before it gets too boring.
♥ ♥ ♥