I had so much fun with this project, from start to finish. Hmm, I usually do with my spinning projects.
So, I took this fiber from FatCatKnits Day's End Fire on the Water, Polwarth:
and spun this yarn with it: 3.6oz, 2-ply, 400yds
It was so bouncy, that it would not stay in place for a photo, when I rolled it up.
I was so happy with this yarn, and that's why I decided to knit it up right away.
I found the Norby hat by Gudrun Johnston. I've been wanting to knit it for a while now. Love the design, and the finished hat too. Polwarth is such a lovely fiber.
I've knit the prim back and forth, instead of in the round, and closed it after the garter section, sewing the little gab shut, with the cast on end. I didn't increase after the prim, because I thought it was wide enough, but other than that I've knit it as written. I don't like to do tassels or pom poms although I love to have them on the hat(s). I started out working after the instructions in the pattern, but veered off soon enough. In the end I had one tassel, but attached with two strings. Well, lets just say I was glad it was attached, and didn't fall off.