Thursday, September 13, 2012

FatCatKnits Rippit Party Shawl

Earlier this year some of the members of FatCatKnits group on Ravelry decided to do a spinning fiber swap. One very brave member, Daniela in France, agreed to collect them all, rip the fiber into pieces, and pack them up again into 4oz or 8oz packages (depending on how much you've sent in). That sounded like fun! Of course I was IN!

To make it even harder for Daniela, I told her I didn't want anything back from the fiber I sent in, but I didn't care if I didn't get a piece from ALL the others.

Here's what I've got:
FatCatKnits-Rippit party June 2012-4oz
Many pieces of different FCK colorways, on different fiber bases. Hmmm. What to do with it? I opted for a shawl (yeah, very imaginativ).

Here's the yarn:  2-ply, 716yds

FatCatKnits Rippit Party - various fiber pieces plied with Pale Aqua Falkland-2ply-716yds

 FatCatKnits Rippit Party - various fiber pieces plied with Pale Aqua Falkland-2ply-716yds

FatCatKnits Rippit Party - various fiber pieces plied with Pale Aqua Falkland-2ply-716yds

FatCatKnits Rippit Party - various fiber pieces plied with Pale Aqua Falkland-2ply-716yds

And here's the shawl I made from it. I've been using it all summer, protecting my shoulders from the evil A/C (I didn't mean it, I love you A/C).

Rippit shawl

Rippit shawl

Rippit shawl

Rippit shawl

Rippit shawl

I've used Carol Feller's Dangan shawl pattern, but modified it to a triangular shawl, with the help of Fiddleflower on Ravelry. Can I just tell you again how much fun I had with this project? I did, don't think otherwise. I also increased at the edges on every row, to make it longer in the wings, and made the last cable pointy by decreasing stitches, replacing them with double YO's.

We'll be doing this kind of swap again. If you are interested to join us, you should check FatCatKnits group in October, when Daniela is going to post specifics about the next swap. I'm definitely IN again.

♥ ♥ ♥


13 comments:

momsue84 said...

Another stunning shawl!!!

Cindy/KS said...

Not a spinner here, but that is beautiful!

Fluffykira said...

What a gorgeous project!

Sharon said...

I am so impressed and inspired that I'm practically speechless. Lovely shawl, too.

Diana said...

Gorgeous colors. Handspun is perfect for simple shawl like that :)

slgennut1@yahoo.com said...

Absolutely over the top!!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Very pretty - I like how it goes from warm to cool colours.

CelticCastOn said...

Beautiful Beautiful! I love that purple/blue section!

Anonymous said...

Straight to the point and well written! Why can't everyone else be like this?

Dave said...

Love the way it all came together -- great spinning and knitting!!

Anonymous said...

Wow. That is stunning!

2paw said...

What a fun swap and what a kind lady to organise it all. I love the way the colours have striped and changed as the shawl lengthened. Air-con is fabulous, I don;t have it but my car does. I love my cool car!!!

lookinout said...

I find you very gifted in how you display and photograph your work. The shawl is lovely.