Earlier this year, I found this bag with 8oz of roving in my fiber stash. It's the left bag we are talking about today.
It looked huge, and I was surprised that it only amounted to 8oz in the end. Barely readable it said, 50 % Border Leicester, and 50% Kid Mohair (bought in 2008).
I grabbed a handful from the bag, and started spinning as I usually do, with a short forward draw. But since it's roving, and not combed top, that did not work out so well. I soon started to do some kind of long draw, there was just no other way to handle this. I was surprised how fast the bobbin filled, and how fluffy, and airy the singles on it were.
I made 2-ply yarn out of it. It's a bit bumpy, but I was surprised how well it worked for me to do long draw spinning for the first time successfully.
I've got 634yds in total. It feels kind of ropey, and it's a bit hairy from the mohair, but I love the look of it. I wonder if it softens after a bath, after knitting. It had a finishing bath already, and it was nice while wet.
This should make some kind of shawl some day, but really, I have no idea right now which one. I don't want to dye it either.
I haven't spun in ten days or so, and I don't think I'll have much time to do so for the rest of the year, but I still have some finished handspun yarn to show here.
While I'll do a lot of cleaning the upcoming days, the pups will most likely take it easy.
As always, I'm wishing you all a wonderful weekend!