Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Splish-Splash

I finally thought to take a camera outside with me to get the boys on camera, doing what they always do, once the back door opens. Maggie still doesn't go into the pool on her own. The few times she fell in was all. So far she likes to be sprayed with the hose, and she runs around, and around, and around....
Notice Denny on his rescue mission halfway into the video.



And then Happy almost drowned Denny. And it went that way: Happy was swimming happily with his favorite rubber toy in his mouth. Denny was watching him, hoping that he'll come out, where he usually waits at the stairs to take it away from him. Happy didn't want to do that, and swam around in circles, until Denny ran out of patience and swam to him. In the deep end, they struggled, tucking on both ends of the rubber bone, while Happy was flapping his front legs like crazy, dunking Denny totally under water in the process. Once Denny came up for air again, he thought twice of continuing the fight, and swam as fast as his little legs would let him to get out of the pool.
June 6-26

June 6-29

June 6-31

June 6-32

June 6-33

Did he learn his lesson? Of course not, they repeated the same Spiel today, and will do so tomorrow I'm sure.


I also have to thank Jodi of Eternal Arts & Crafts, because I won a gift certificate of my choosing on her blog. I got me some more Wandering Cat Yarns. I know the photo sucks, but the yarn goes very well with my SmokingHotNeedles colorway. This is called Mystic Dawn, WCY Alley Cat. Thank you! I'm very lucky!

WanderingCatYarns-Alley Cat-Mystic Dawn-swmerinonylon-460yds-gift from Jodi

***

16 comments:

2paw said...

Thank you for the lovely video, I laughed!! I saw Denny do his rescue and Maggie doing her running around. She's so big now. I also saw happy looking pleadingly at you to throw that bone for him. He's such a good swimmer!! Looks like they are having A Lot of fun!!

susannasplace said...

Sieht nach extrem viel Spass aus :). Das Garn ist toll. Hast Du ja wieder ein glückliches Händchen gehabt.

LG Susi

momsue84 said...

LOL! What a trio! They sure have a lot of fun in the water. Do you have your own colorway of WCY, Monika?

lexa said...

Too cute! I can't get over how big Maggie is getting!

CelticCastOn said...

That dunk shot is sooo great. Its like Happy finally got revenge on Denny :)

Anonymous said...

Ha! Tank doesn't like the water. I blame this on being a California dog. He has no interest in swimming or being sprayed with the hose.

Unknown said...

I'll be right over. Nothing I need more this hot morning than a dip with the kids in your pool...giggling....

monica said...

Maggie is getting bigger! Happy and Denny are so fun to watch. My GSD never liked going in the water at all and would only do it if the entire pack was in the water.

Virginia G said...

Love love love the dogs. I miss having doggies so much. I got to hang out with my mom's dog last week and it was lovely.

The yarn is pretty too.

:)

Michelle said...

Happy looks so proud of himself in the video for bringing you the toy!

Anonymous said...

your dogs are so entertaining!

Claudia Bugh said...

Denny looks like an otter!!! Simcha is mighty jealous of the pool.

Lovely yarn! You'll turn it into something wonderful ~

Carrie#K said...

It looked like Happy got the toy he wanted and left Denny the purple monster. They are so cute.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

So jealous of your pool on days like this!
Can't wait to see what you do with the yarn!

Anonymous said...

Oh, what fun! Thank you for sharing the pictures and video.

I wish Sadie and Luka could come over for a swim. They would love it!

Walden said...

Looks like great fun! Although I doubt I could good Wookie to go swimming! :)