Monday, June 06, 2011

June 5th

I realize that everybody and their grandmother are taking pictures of flowers right now. I just love it when something in our garden blooms. We don't have that many flowers, or bushes, and trees that do, and besides it's pretty.

The weekend was lovely. Lots of swimming going on, and relaxing afterwards. I put some blankets on the sofas, because the pups are continuously wet at the moment. They were so tired! Denny of course had to get himself an additional towel to get comfy with.

June 2011

I didn't even know these bushes are the blooming kind. They were planted last summer, and did not bloom then. What a lovely surprise!
June 5, 2011-6

They look very pretty, but don't smell of anything. The total opposite are those tiny white flowers on an old bush we have. It smells really sweet, and attracts lots of bumble bees.

June 5, 2011-11
I've no idea what this bush is called. It looks unremarkable after it's finished blooming.
***

12 comments:

Zenitude said...

I also have one of those white blossom bush. They do smell so good! It's a mock orange blossom tree, at least that is what I was told they were. We transplanted our twice and it has always come back very nicely, so they are pretty hardy.

CelticCastOn said...

You know they've had a good day when they are absolutely exhausted :)

Marianne said...

I believe that's a Mock Orange bush, one of my all time favourites, the blossoms are very sweet smelling, sweet yet fresh.

TracyKM said...

I think your white bush is a "mock orange". I love ours!

Rooibos said...

Hi Monika, the shrub with the pink flowers is a Weigela, and the white flowered shrub is a mock orange or Philadelphus. I love spring for the flowers that come back year after year. Right now, we have peonies,the tree variety, next will be the garden peonies.

Love those pictures of Denny, and Happy.

Michelle said...

I've been watching the local plants this year since it's our first spring/summer. I might grab some photos but haven't decided yet. The trees in the back filled in so we've lost all our backyard light and it's making me sad.

Beverly said...

They are both beautiful. It's great to have things that bloom this late in the spring.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I just want to curl up on the couch with those boys!

Lynn One, Purl Two said...

Monika!!! YES! We DID go to Austria and I thought of you and Hannah lots! While there were no ladders that we climbed... we had a wonderful few days in Vienna. And your flower shots are BEAUTIFUL! Stay tuned... as I have MANY Austrian 'flower shots' to share over the next few days! :)

Taxastrikkeren said...

Its a Jasmin - on danish.

2paw said...

I had to laugh at Two Towel Denny,, he and Happy look utterly exhausted form all their fun. It is nice to see some flowers, nothing's blooming here, even the roses are over. I may have some camellias and azaleas though.
I have seen a bumblebee or two in the garden, they have invaded our island and they are hard to get rid of now. They take all the nectar from the flowers and make no honey, so our honey bees miss out.

Carrie#K said...

Denny? Not moving? He must be exhausted!

The flowers are beautiful! It's so nice to see them.