Friday, June 10, 2011

Handspun Friday - Gemstone & Absolute Gecko

I've finished these yarns some time ago. Even before I've finished my first Taygete shawl, I started spinning for a second one, but now I don't know if I really want to knit another one.

The fiber is Spinning Awesome Good, merino/tussah silk, Aboslute Gecko and
SAG-January 2011 Fiber Club-Absolute Gecko-merino-tussah-4oz-1

Gemstone in merino/tussah silk.
SAG- Gemstone-Merino-Tussah-4oz

I've decided to spin them together, 2-ply, 256yds,
SAG fiber handspun yarn
and 447yds,
SAG fiber handspun yarn

plus 188yds for the lace part.
SAG fiber handspun yarn

I like seeing them together.
SAG fiber handspun yarn

I've also finished, and sent off Hannah's birthday socks. They are nothing special. I used Regia Bamboo, they are so soft, and shiny, and machine washable, which is a big bonus. I don't really like the colorway, but all my nice looking yarn is not machine washable, and since I have a lot of
Regia in my stash, it needs to be knit up as well.
Hannah's B-day socks
They are knit with 56 sts, with ribbing on the back of the legs. They will be useful, and hidden in boots anyway. I hope they'll arrive on time.

Today's a doctors day, with one appointment in the morning for me, and with Happy and Denny in the afternoon, for booster shots. Bleh.

I wish you all a wonderful weekend!

***

11 comments:

2paw said...

They are such beautiful colours and it was genius to spin them together.
Nice birthday socks, I like having rib at the back of the leg too.
Hope all the medical visits went well.

momsue84 said...

Happy weekend, Monika! Love your handspun!

Catherine said...

Love the colours of that new handspun. And I think the socks look just fine

Toby said...

Gorgeous yarns as always. They don't strike me as a Taygete either - I'll be curious to see what you end up making with them.

Carrie#K said...

Those yarns do play off each other nicely.

Doctor day! Bleargh. Hez has barely forgiven me from last week.

Your socks are cute, I like the variegated markings.

Walden said...

Lovely spinning. I like how bright and cheery they are!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I love how you combine the different colourways - you have such a good eye!
Socks look lovely!

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

Beautiful, beautiful, spinning! Those will all work together so well for a shawl ~

The socks will be super comfortable to wear and pretty too. Hope the boys are brave - LOL

Beverly said...

I love Regia Bamboo for its' softness. It makes a nice pair of hardwearing socks.

The yarn is gorgeous plyed together.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful yarns!!! I look forward to seeing them knit into something because they are gorgeous together.

Life's a Stitch said...

WOW! I needed a colour fix and knew just where to come. Beautiful.