Monday, March 07, 2011

Last serious snow this Winter?

March 6-early morning-2

After three days of rain, with flooding around the house, we've got a lot of snow over night. We woke up to this lovely white fluff on Sunday morning. We've spent as much time outside as possible to enjoy it to the fullest. While the neighbors where clearing off their decks, I was "knee" deep in snow, chasing the dogs, or rather watch them chase each other. Maggie is really good for Denny, he runs more with her, because they take away each others twigs, and other stuff, and have to get it back = a lot of running.
But before we went outside to play in the backyard, the pups had some fun out on the deck.
March 6-early morning-3

Here they are in action:






I've also finished my February socks quite quickly. I've liked this sock pattern from the moment I saw it on the cover of this book, Knit Socks! by Betsy Lee McCarthy. They are called Winter Garden. They were surprisingly quick to knit. I like the lace cuff, and it had just enough color work for my taste, and of course stripes! I love stripes. They change as you get down to the foot, and to the toes. These socks never got boring.

Winter Garden socks-6
There was a smudge on the lens, now gone. Only saw it, when processing the photos.

Winter Garden socks-2

I especially like the cuffs, with the little lace border on top.

Winter Garden socks-5

I liked the color combination from the book, so I was trying to find something similar in my stash. I found three different brands of commercial sock yarn, which worked well together.

March 2011 socks

March socks have already been cast on.
***
PS I also saw a group of seven Canadian Geese fly over our backyard in a beautiful V-shaped formation. This is definitely a sign of Spring coming.
***

19 comments:

2paw said...

Gilly ran about looking for the other puppies who were barking!! I tried to show her o the computer but she wouldn't look. Maggie and Denny have such fun and there is so much snow to be eaten and dug up!! Maggie is so big now too, she's really grown. I love that happy is just lying there eating a stick?? and letting the young ones get on with their chasing game!!
Your socks are just so pretty, and I think you are so clever to knit with all the colours, they are wonderful!!!

BodilE said...

Your dogs look really cute! I also have three dogs, and they enjoy playing together a lot. But what I really wanted to say was how beautiful those socks are, make me feel like making some too! :)About the snow, we have the same situation here in Norway, I'm ready for spring now! :)

Unknown said...

Hallo Monika,

die streifen Socken sehen wunderschön aus. Ist mal ganz was anderes!
Um diese Zeit noch mal soviel Schnee?
Da bin ich heilfroh das sich bei uns der Vorfrühling schon zeigt.

Lieben Gruß, Maxie

momsue84 said...

Maggie and Denny are just hilarious with each other. Happy is smart to let the other two do all the romping. So much fun!

Michelle said...

Denny is such a good player. His play bow is adorable. I love those socks too but haven't purchased the book yet. Yours look so pretty!

Ruth said...

Love the socks. And yes! Those Canada geese are going home! We have entirely too many of them, so we're very happy to share them with you.

hakucho said...

Your winter garden socks are very cute...love the colors :)...looks like spring!

Beverly said...

The dogs are truly enjoying themselves in the snow. They will miss it when it is finally gone.

Love the socks. I hope to get my sock club caught up and thanks for answering my question. I think I may have to go with scheduling days for certain crafts at the moment.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Those are definitely cute socks!

Unknown said...

I know the dogs love the snow, but I've had enough. Today was absolutely gorgeous, to work in and to walk the Lady dog. I love those socks, I must check that book out.

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

I love your videos!!!! MT and Denny are such good friends and that MT is sure a smart cookie ;)

Your socks are so pretty ~ lovely details ~ enjoy!

Virginia G said...

I love the heels on those garden socks! So cute.

And the dogs, are of course, awesome.

Jen said...

Oh my gosh - how big Maggie is getting! So fun to see how much they enjoy the snow - thanks for sharing.

Suzanne said...

I love the socks!

Linda said...

Suuch pretty socks, I love the cuffs.

Laurie said...

I love how Happy calmly chews his stick while Denny and Maggie run around like crazy. They are so cute!!

The socks are also cute - I really like the floral design on the heel. Can't wait to see the March sock - wonderful choice of colors.

Queen of the Tea Cosies said...

How did I miss these sock.
They are beautiful beautiful beautiful.

peony said...

Oh my...love those socks!

CelticCastOn said...

T loooooves your dog video's!! She looks at the screen says pup and laughs.
I can't wait until she can say their names heheh
I love how Denny wags his tail with it high over his back, Happy just chillin in the background and Maggie going crazy digging on the bed haha