Friday, March 11, 2011

Handspun Friday - SAG

SAG means Spinning Awesome Good. Today is all about SAG fiber, and handspun yarn. Since there was no Handspun Friday last week, I'm showing you three finished yarns at once. They were in my shop for a while, but I've never shown them here.

I wanted to spin some thicker yarns for a change, since most of my yarns tend to be lace weight, fingering weight, or DK weight. These are definitely worsted weight yarns, or heavier.

Awesome Boyfriend 2

First there's Awesome Boyfriend on BFL. I've spun this colorway before, but finer. This is navajo plied, 161yds.

Purple Haze
Next there's Purple Haze on Merino, navajo plied, 147.5yds.

Lilac Dream

And finally there's Lilac Dreams on Merino, navajo plied, 160yds.

There you have it. Wishing you all a lovely weekend! Ooops, almost forgot that tomorrow will be the last post about Blooming Garden shawl, which is finished.

***

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Awesome Boyfriend made an awesome yarn! I love the combination of brown and blue. :-)

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

Hey, that's my yarn up there - LOL Love the purple haze color ~ very nice ~ spinning as always is beautiful!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Love, love LOVE the purple haze!
That's it - screw the deadline knitting I'm casting on for Crow Waltz tonight - I need to knit some of your handspun!