Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Thunderstorms

The last couple of days, and nights we had thunderstorms. The sky went from this
clouds September 13-1
to this.
clouds September 13-2

clouds September 13-4

It gets really dark inside, while outside the rain comes down in buckets. But it's fun to watch, as long as we don't have to be outside.
I'm doing this: a lot of spinning:
Shunklies Jacobs Humbug stripes

and the boys are rummaging through the chew toy bin.
rummaging through the chew toy bin-1
It used to be a wicker basket, but Denny started to chew it to pieces, so we replaced it with this blue bin. Trouble is, it's higher, and it's harder for them to get into it so we put a tool box in front of it. It's not filled up to the prim, because Denny has reduced the amount of toys by half with his energetic chewing. So, he has to work hard, to get something out of it. Every time I see him trying really hard, I have to laugh. But he's always victorious.
rummaging through the chew toy bin-2

And the renos still continue, forever I think. They finished putting down the wooden floors upstairs, and started putting it down in the living room today. There is still soooooo much to do. Not a single room is totally finished. Either there's still some paint job to do, or some electrical stuff, back splash tiles in the kitchen, and hundred things more.
I'm getting really sick of the hammering. It's like they do it directly on my nerves. I just want it to be done already.
***

7 comments:

Virginia G said...

That picture of Denny's butt is cracking me up.

I'm sorry the reno is dragging on forever. I totally understand.

I promise it will end soon.

hugs!

Susan said...

I saw on the Weather Network that you had big storms. Here it's just rain, rain, and more rain. It's like we went from summer to winter. The poor farmers can't catch a break this year.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I woke up to rain this morning and the sound was so nice. I wish I could have stayed home and listened to it.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I woke up to rain this morning and the sound was so nice. I wish I could have stayed home and listened to it.

2paw said...

Those pups are clever aren't they? Learning to use a step and I think if Denny's not careful he'll end up right in the box!! Oh that's a very big storm, I hope the hammering stops soon!!

Laurie said...

Oh, gosh, I love Denny's butt sticking up out of the toybox!!! We had big storms here this week, too. Actually headed to the basement a couple days ago when the TV weather guy said there was a possible tornado just a couple miles from here - just as the whole top of the neighbor's tree landed in our back yard. Yikes!

Sharon said...

I know I keep saying this, but you just wait unti the reno is done. You're going to be so pleased that you might almost forget the hammering, the dust/dirt and the inconvenience.

It'll all work out in the end ... if you ever get to the end ... and you will.