Monday, June 22, 2009

Ulmus

Pictures say more than a thousand words. So here is my finished Ulmus:

Ulmus-7


I love this shawl. It's beautiful! And as always with Kirsten's patterns, I'll be making another one soon. One is just not enough. Part of the fun is to pick out the yarn.

Ulmus-4

I would have run out of the light green yarn, so I started to add a slightly darker version of the same brand at the end.

Ulmus-8

This is the largest version of the shawl as givin in the pattern. My favorite part was the leaf edge. The main body got a little boring (eyes started to glaze over), but the prize of the edge border ahead kept me going. It's a well written, gorgeous pattern.

Ulmus-16

specs:
pattern: Ulmus by Kirsten Kapur
yarn: 1. multicolored light yarn: Spunky Eclectic, SW Merino, "Lichen" (lovely stuff)
2. light green: Fleece Artist, Merino/Seacell
3. darker green: Fleece Artist, Merino/Seacell
needle: 3.75mm could have used 4mm
size after blocking: 34.5" x 65"
start-finish: May 2-17

Ulmus-10

I love the little flecks of blue in this shawl. By the way, after I discovered what Ulmus meant, I was even happier with my color choice.

Ulmus-15

30 comments:

Renata S. P. said...

Monika,
What a beautiful Shawl!!
I love your projects, they're always an ispiration to me =D

knottygnome said...

that is one beautiful shawl! i love the yarns you picked--the colors really work together.

lexa said...

Gorgeous! I'm a green gal, so I love the color! :)

gudrun said...

wow it's just a great work! i love that you did the end in another color - that looks really wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Einfach umwerfend !!!
Und schon wieder in meiner Farbe
Wunderschön

Liebe Grüße
Eva

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the colors! This turned out so fantastic. I'm dragging my feet to knit this for some reason. I just need to buy the darn pattern already!

Päivi, Lankakomero said...

So beautiful! The green of the border is so lovely!

Kirsten said...

Beautiful Monika!
It has been really fun to see the variations knitters are coming up with when they run short of yarn - I love what you did with the darker color. I can see Ulmus done with graduated colors throughout the body finally leading into the solid border. Lovely.

vanessa said...

lovely!

wanderrast said...

Einmalig schön,
besonders die Zweifarbigkeit gibt ihm eine besondere Note,
liebe Grüße Elfi

Sharon V said...

Go green! I love all things green and your shawl is is one of them!

Lovely!

Ruth said...

It's just beautiful!

Martina said...

Oh so beautiful! Very nice colors! I love it.

Queen of the Tea Cosies said...

It is very VERY beautiful. Exquisitely executed. Luscious colours. Yum

GoldenTracks said...

Monica,
Another gorgeous FO! Love the greens

Anonymous said...

I love the look of a different color border on the shawl. Very nice!

Beverly said...

Beautiful. I love your interpretation. The greens are gorgeous.

bobbi said...

the shawl is GORGEOUS. great use of color

hannah said...

Beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Lovely!
Margie in Maryland

Frieda said...

It is a beautiful shawl , I love the colours that you chose!

Sigrun said...

i can't imagine the shawl being as lovely all in one shade. This is my first visit to your blog. ich lebe in Alberta, und bin auch von Österreich.

At Home Mommy Knits said...

Gorgeous shawl!

Lost Mitten said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Carrie K said...

Gorgeous!

2paw said...

Oh I adore your shawl and the colours are perfect. The pale green matches so well with the gorgeous rich border colour!!

Kris B said...

Absolutely beautiful shawl. I love the darker green border.

Kathy said...

It's absolutely breathtaking!

Life's a Stitch said...

As usual - beautiful! Lovely shade of green. Good for all year wearing.

Monica aka Gloria Patre said...

This shawl is SPECTACULAR!! I'm SO in love with the green border!! It makes me want to drop everything and start one! (Gee I need to develop some self-control!!) LOL!!