Monday, March 02, 2009

WIP's

10-stitch blanket progress, Feb.23-2
As promised here are some (all of my) WIP's I wanted to show you, before some of them get to be FO's. I'll start with the oldest one. I'm still knitting away on my 10-stitch blanket. I'm working on it, whenever I've finished something, and can't decide what to do next. (happens a lot lately) I think this blanket will take forever! I'm maybe halfway through the yarn, it's about 30" square right now, getting warm on the lap and heavy. One thing's for sure, after I've used up all my Patons SWS, I'll never buy this yarn again. I don't like working with it.

Vernal Equinox shawl, finished clue 5
This is the Vernal Equinox shawl. I've joined this KAL and actually am on top of it. That's how it looks finished up to clue 5. I've done clue 6a, and am waiting for the next clue, which will be out around March 6th. Keep your fingers crossed that I've got enough yarn left to finish it. It's going to be a huge shawl.

Sunday Morning shawl in progress-2
Yes, another shawl. I could NOT decide what to do next, after I finished something else (blog about it soon), which would have been another WIP last week, but now it's not anymore. I have, as every knitter does, a long list of projects I want to knit one day. But even if you are open to something new, it doesn't mean it's the right time for any of them. I don't like this time in between.
Even though I have the most exquisite yarn in my stash, I felt the need to play with SOCK YARN LEFTOVERS! There are many ways to get rid of your sock yarn leftovers. Many opt for the mitered squares blanket (I thought about that too), but when I saw Martina's shawl, I liked her idea instantly. I first thought, no way, am I going to cast on for another shawl, but in the end (after several attempts casting on for something else), I gave in last night. And it's so much fun! I love how it looks and there are so many possibilities to play with!

Well, that's it for WIP's. Besides all that, I'm spinning too, so keep tuned to Handspun Friday! :o)

PS: Thanks for your comments on my Venus family! They are all well loved. If you want to try them yourself, you can get the pattern as an instant ravelry download .

20 comments:

Mariella said...

What a beautiful blanket! Working a little bit every day will get it done sooner than you know. I've never used that particular yarn, but the colors sure are pretty. Keep on working on it!

shannon said...

i've finished quite a few things lately. the baby blanket, the shrug, two scarves...

i have one hat (need to get cir us9's) and i cast on for my dress last night! i'm four rounds in!!!

i love the large blanket. it's going to be beautiful when you're done (of course all of what you knit is beautiful!!).

Anonymous said...

Yes, sometimes you can be very glad a particular yarn is knitted up because you don't like it that much anymore.

I was considering to join the Kal as well but I haven't done it: too many other nice things to knit.

momsue84 said...

Beautiful WIP's, Monika. I love that blanket. Gorgeous shawls, too.

Sue said...

The colors in the blanket are beautiful.

sgeddes said...

That Patons yarn isn't my favorite either. But I love the blanket and want to knit one!

I lvoe the sock yarn shawl. Ar you holding a black yarn all the way through?

Anonymous said...

That shade of green for you shawl is lovely. What did you do to get that knit stitch rib on your blanket along where you picked up stitches?? Gives it a very nice finish. I've seen one of these blankets in progress and hers didn't have that.

Angelika said...

Is the SWS really that bad? I never worked with it, but I guess it's the cheaper variation for Noro. I can't wait to see the new shawl. What a great idea for using up leftovers.

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine having all the shawl WIPs. And that's too bad you don't like the patons yarn because I think it's making a very pretty blanket.

leandra said...

Oh cool, you are knitting "my" shawl. Have fun!

The green shawl is very nice, I´m to impatient for such a pattern.

Marianne said...

The green of your shawl is a beautiful shade. So very pretty.
Your blanket is beautiful, as to the SWS... I bought a whack of it several months ago, on sale, 2.99/ball, can't imagine paying their full price for it and I believe it has been discontinued (which is why they had it marked down so low)... I did knit a simple cardigan with it and ended up knitting a matching hat.. it was 'alright' knitting with it, and it pills like crazy (although easy to remove them). I actually love the cardi and hat.

Anonymous said...

so many beautiful WIP´s. The baby blanket is so gorgeous. I really love it.

Charlene said...

Thanks so much for sharing about the Sunday Morning Shawl! I've been saving my leftover sock yarn for something, but didn't know for what until now. I love wearing shawls, and your green Vernal Equinox shawl is beautiful. I look forward to seeing some pictures of it being blocked.

Beverly said...

I agree with you on the SWS. I returned all of mine except the skein I started using.

I'll be waiting to see the finished projects. The are all so distinctly different.

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

Lots of fun things to keep you occupied! I can't wait to see them all finished and do tell more about Vernal Equinox ~ that sounds like some type of stellar event I should know about :)

Anonymous said...

Well even if you don't like working with the Patons SWS I love the colors! What a sweet blanket!
Vernal Equinox looks intriguing! Another of your excellent WIPS!
Thanks a bunch for the link to the pattern! Somethig else to add to the To-Do list! LOL!

susannasplace said...

Die Decken sind wunderschön und auch auf meiner To-Do Liste. Alleine fehlt mir momentan die Zeit....

LG Susi

Queen of the Tea Cosies said...

Dear Ms Smoking Hot Needles
I have only recently discovered your blog but it has become a regular look/see for me. I recently received a Kreativ Blogger award and in the spirit of things have now passed it on to you. Please come on over to have a look about. You may have already done this recently but none the less I am keen for others to discover you to
All the best. Loani

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see Vernal Equinox!! I ALMOST joined that KAL....so I want to see what I missed :-)

Ann said...

The green shawl looks nice & soft & I am sure will be a beauty when done. Great idea for using up sock yarn!