Thursday, January 15, 2009

Where's the book now?

It feels wonderful to be back, especially now, after that warm welcome! You are the best, making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside! Thank you all so very much!!!

Now, I know why you are really here:
I want to keep this "book-passing-along" simple. Not many strings attached:

Rule 1: When you receive the book, please come back to my blog and add yourself to the world map I've installed, so that those interested, can see where the book is. Please add your Name, location, and your blog address, so we can visit, and for those who want the book, to leave a comment on your blog post.

Rule 2: Read the book, enjoy it, let it inspire you, then do a draw, so you can pass it on. Best to copy the rules to your blog post with a link to my blog. (So others who know nothing about me, know what's going on.)
I'll glue a page into the book with before mentioned rules too. It would be nice, if the book would not lie around for TOO long at any one point.
Thanks.
That's it, very simple.

I liked the ideas, for setting up a blog for it, like so many KAL's do, and also add information about local charities, but I can't commit to maintaining such a blog. Maybe somebody else would love to do that. It was also a nice thought, to send something knit out of the book to the person who sent you the book, but I'd rather people, if so inclined, knit for a local charity instead. And it's simpler that way, with more chances of being passed on successfully.

If there's anything unclear, please let me know.

The random generator spit out Ann as the next person to get the book. Congratulations, Ann! Please e-mail me your snail mail address, and the book will be on its way asap. :o)
My scarf is past halfway point. It's doing strange things with the colores. I hope I'll be done with it at the end of this week.

Next up will be my FO's I made during my break. I'll be posting them in quick succession, but after that will get back to a more leisurely pace.

9 comments:

Frieda said...

I'm so happy that you're back . I missed the post about the book crossing , what a nice idea . It'll be interested to see where it goes and read what others make of and from the book .

The scarf looks very pretty , nice and cheerful .

Anonymous said...

I really love that idea of the book crossing.

Pretty cheerful scarf! Perfect for winter.

The talk show I'm listening to right now has as it's guest, Uncle Mattie, a dog trainer. I'm picturing Sam and Biko listening intently. ;)

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

Lucky Ann! I think this is a great idea and maybe it will even get me moving on some charity knitting myself :)

Anonymous said...

The scarf is looking quite nice. I'm sure the recipient will love wearing it.

Anonymous said...

too bad i don't have a blog!
the "traveling" book is a great idea!
stay warm,
helga

hakucho said...

With your map it will be so much fun to watch where your book goes next :)

Love the way your scarf is knitting up. Variegated yarns are so much fun to knit with as you never quite know what you'll end up with :)

Anonymous said...

The scarf looks lovely but I see why you say the colours do strange things.

I love the idea about the book!!

Kris B said...

The scarf is moving right along and looking awesome.

I'm looking forward to seeing the travels the book will make. It reminds me a little bit of flat Stanley http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_Stanley.

susannasplace said...

Die Idee ist toll. Ich muss mal schauen, ob ich das Buch hier in DE kriege. Da könnten wir hier nen KAL machen.

LG Susi

P.S. Deine Bilder aus Austria machen Lust. Ich will dieses Jahr nach Wien :)