Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Just in time ...

Just in time for next Christmas came a lovely package for me. Angelika knit this beautiful stocking for me! I admired it in a comment, when I saw Michelle working on it on her blog, at least that's how I remember it. Anyway, what a wonderful surprise. Look at the stitch pattern! That's a hell of a lot of work!

The stocking is made with acrylic yarn (not blockable), that's why it's not showing the edge very well, but imagine my shock when my son slipped into the stocking for fun, and it almost fit!!!
At least now we can admire the beautiful design. And he said, I really SHOULD mention it's his leg, he doesn't want you to think I have such a hairy leg! :o) Sweet boy/giant!


There were also 3 skeins of Brown Sheep "Prairie Silks" in the lovely colorway "Jeweled Moss". The name alone is adorable, and I like it a lot. I have to think of something special to knit with this.
What made me laugh out loud was the card, which Angelika put in as well:

"There's a fine line between "hobby"and "mental" illness." "I walk the line." - No kidding! Isn't it hilarious?! :o)


There was also something else in the package, which I can't show just yet. Soon though. :o)
Thank you very much, dear Angelika!


You made my day!


And now back to knitting!




14 comments:

momsue84 said...

Lovely package with all those goodies in it! I think the card is soooooo true. Many times I have thought I was nuts about knitting. :)

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious! Great card, fancy socks.

Claudia Bugh said...

What a totally awesome gift! Love that beautiful Christmas stocking and now you have to be really good so Santa will fill it all the way :)

Brown Sheep makes yarns that are fun and gorgeous to work with. Have fun!

Anonymous said...

How funny that it just about fits your son. The stocking looks very nice in red. And I love the card. I don't think I've seen that one before.

Angelika said...

I wish I could have finished the stocking for last christmas, but it wasn't meant to be. I'm glad you like the stuff and when I saw that card, I couldn't help myself. It's so true. We are all insane. :)

Anonymous said...

What a lovely surprise to receive!!!

GoldenTracks said...

Don't you just love surprises?! That card is priceless. I know you will cherish it forever.

Anonymous said...

diese Socken sind ja gigantisch schön! Wer Zopfmuster strickt, der weiß wieviel Arbeit da dahinter steckt. Ich hab unlängst ein solches Muster, das in jeder Runde verzopft werden sollte, genervt wieder aufgeribbelt.

Die Karte ist auch klasse.

Grüßle, die Bea

Agnes said...

I made that stocking last November (or October?) too ... it is actually a lot of fun! And yes, the stitch pattern is gorgeous! What a lovely gift.

Strickfimmel said...

Ein sehr schönes verspätetes Geschenk. Die Socke sieht super aus, auch die Karte. Da fängt der Tag doch gleich gut an.

Elemmaciltur said...

That's one beautiful stocking!

Beverly said...

Fabu package. The sock is amazing. She is a fantastic knitter. I enjoy your blog so much and even though I know you don't like these ring things to much I nominated you for a Kreativ Blogger award.

hakucho said...

Wow your new stocking is amazing...such beautiful stitches and I love the edging :) Very nice gift including the oh so very true card sentiment ;)

picperfic said...

I laughed at the hairy leg bit...a prety stocking indeed! Lucky you!