Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I've got mail - again!

I shouldn't even be sitting here, on the computer, but I had to show you, what the mailman brought yesterday. I've got Endpaper mittens, beautiful ones, and I didn't even have to knit them myself! Angelika made them for me!!! She included this little, but beautiful crochet bookmark, and my eyes fell almost out of their sockets, as I saw the little sock! Isn't it the cutest? I thank you very much, dear Angelika! (and by the way, you would have gotten the books anyway!) ;o)
To my surprise they fit, and have been already worn. They are my favorite color, very warm, and I'm so glad I have them. I don't think I'll ever knit them myself.
I also wanted to say thanks, to your response to my Kyla mittens. I hope you'll not have too much trouble with the bobbles! That's really the hardest thing on these mitts, after you've managed that, it will go quick and easy! ;o)
I'm a little on a deadline with Christmas knitting. The pile on the photo below needs to be assembles. Can't show you pictures before Christmas, that is, her on my blog. You'll be able to see photos if you are on ravelry, but right now, it's still this pile of knit pieces. Knitting it was easy, now comes the hard part. Sigh.
Well, off I go, so much to do, so little time ....... and it's Halloween tonight!
Happy Halloween everybody!


13 comments:

Marianne said...

Those Endpaper mitts are beyond beautiful! and the little sock, and that bookmark? How incredibly wonderful is that!
How wonderful for you!

Angelika said...

You are so very welcome. Things knitters do for each other, even over distance. I'm glad they fit so good and you like the little goodies. Have fun seeming. I don't envy you.

Sue J. said...

What a lovely gift from Angelika. You both are so talented.

Cloudberry said...

Lucky you!
The little socks is adorable!

But I don't envy you the seeming...

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

What gorgeous mittens! So over the top to include the bookmark and little socks - how thoughtful!

Violiknit said...

Lovely Endpaper mitts! Cute little bookmark too! I'm off to check out your Ravelry page now :)

knitbysue said...

Wow. I want Angelika as MY friend. Those are great looking Endpapers.
Thank you for clarifing the Make Bobble instructions for the KYLA mitt pattern. I understand the 2-stitch bobble now. And I see that you updated your pattern with the correction to Rnd 16-18. Thanks. It will be fun to try the pattern.

Anonymous said...

wow those are beautiful!!
What a great friend

Elinor said...

Oooh. Those are pretty. I've not really been tempted by that pattern because I don't think I'd wear them and the gauge is awfully small for something I wouldn't wear but THOSE are tempting. I love the color choice. (runs off to hunt for red and black fingering sock yarn...)

Anonymous said...

Oooh, Angelika did good! Those are gorgeous.

hakucho said...

Now I just have to go find out what that pile is all about....secrets, secrets.....

Lucky you getting such nice things in the mail :)

hakucho said...

I think those are just about the cutest fingerless mitts that I have seen. Thanks so much for the pattern :)

herzlichkreativ said...

Traumhaft, dieses Geschenk ! Und die kleine Socke, welch knifflige Angelegenheit.

Liebe GrĂ¼sse
Rina