Thursday, January 25, 2007

No knitting content - Sam overload!

I've been reading Dave's blog entries and what I especially liked about them, are his pictures and stories of his walks through his neighborhood and the special shots he took of ordinary things around him. He inspired me to take my camera with me on my walks and these pictures are the result of it. Yesterday was a most wonderful day. Sunny, not too cold, the fresh snow was sparkling - just my kind of perfect day.





click on pics to see the snow sparkle

I thought I let the pics speak for themselves. Sam was a little frustrated, because he would rather have moved on quickly to the next bush, tree, trash can and NOT freeze his rear off. Thanks anyway, good sport!

I did try to make a snow angel and failed, due to Sam. He thought it quite funny and thought it was a new game we were playing. And of course the leash was in the way all the time!

11 comments:

Sue J. said...

Your pictures of Sam and the time you spend with him so touched my heart, especially the one of him looking down at the snow. How dear! It is easy to take for granted the time spent on/with our best pals. You will have these pictures forever to remind you what a special bond you two share. Nothing sweeter.

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a handsome boy! I like seeing these kinds of pictures, too!

Art & Disorder said...

I loved knowing yours blog, all pretty one!
...Amei conhecer teu blog,tudo lindo!
BRASIL

Debi said...

These pictures are just breathtaking! Beautiful dog, beautiful sparkly snow! Thanks for sharing Monica!

Knitted Zebra said...

Love the pictures of Sam! Looks like he is healing nicely. The snow is so pretty. Thanks for a great start to my work day ~ I needed that!

Strickfimmel said...

Wunderschöne Fotos!!!
Klasse, dass es Sam schon wieder so gut geht. Ich kann sehr gut verstehen, dass er lieber frei umherlaufen würde als an der langen Leine.

hakucho said...

Thanks for sharing your snowy walk with us! Great pictures :)

DAWN said...

I love the sparkly snow picture the best. He looks like a little kid. I'm so glad that he is dong so well. I would have loved to see you lying in the snow, flayling your arms and legs around and Sam trying to catch them. Ha!

meg said...

those are some fantastic pictures. i love the one of sam looking down at the snow. all of them are just so pretty. the snow all sparkly and sam looking all handsome.

thanks for posting these!

Kris B said...

I enjoyed seeing the pictures, very nice. Sam is handsome and the snow is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

No such thing as Sam overload. That pic of him using the box of yarn as a pillow though - priceless! lol.

How's the Swallowtail Shawl coming along? Maybe your fingers ar still knitting the Shetland no matter what your mind is telling it to do.