Monday, November 27, 2006

"Puppy Dog Socks"


First sock in the making.... it's not smelly feet she's interested in, I swear!
Biko is todays model ...
... and her feminine touch ...

The next time I'll use a size larger needle for the mosaic part, it pulls together, but not too bad.
... even from the same dye lot, the skeins are not the same ...
... hey Sybille , can you see the puppy dog now?

Since I've got the Mosaic Knitting Book by B. Walker for my birthday, I had this sock idea cruising around my head. They are made with the custom dyed sweetgeorgia's yarn, I've ordered for David, but there was too much pink in it for him to like it.
yarn: sweetgeorgia yarns handpainted sock,100% merino wool, 112 g/ 420 yds
needles: 5 DP's 2.25mm
pattern: my own: I used the magic cast on for toe-up and a jojo heel
the puppy dog mosaic pattern comes from the "Mosaic Knitting" book by Barbara Walker
size: women 10 1/4
start-finish: November 23-25, 2006

14 comments:

Strickfimmel said...

Jetzt sehe ich, was mit Hundesocken gemeint war! Sie sehen echt toll aus, vor allem die Farben. Ist eine klasse Idee einen Pfotenabdruck mit einzustricken.

wollsocke said...

....ist das ne tolle idee....gefallen mir sehr gut...
annette

Anonymous said...

You are SO creative! I love the socks.I can't believe you have a little mosaic puppy dog in the cuff...and that paw print...ADORABLE!

sgeddes said...

Great socks. I love the puppy dog motif across the cuff and the paw print on the toe! My pup always puts his foot right on top of mine where that print is!

Kirsten said...

Those are wonderful socks!!!! The doggies around the cuff are adorable and the paw print on just one toe is perfect!!

Debi said...

Great socks Monika!! Really creative! You gotta try the Turkish Cast On, I think it's easier than the "magic".

Hope your precious pup if feeling better soon!

Beverly said...

Lovely socks. You've created a terrific design. It's always great to see your ideas come to life.

Anonymous said...

Adorable!! I love 'em!

Stephanie said...

Aw, cute socks! I especially love the paw print. Best wishes and good health to poor Sam.

Anonymous said...

Liebe Monika,
die Socken sind richtig klasse. Zuerst habe ich die Hunde in der Bordüre garnicht erkannt. Der Pfotenabdruck ist dann das i-Tüpfelchen! Die Fotos sind Dir auch toll gelungen und besonders gut gefällt mir das mit Bikos Pfote.

Liebe Grüße
Heike

hakucho said...

Those sock are so cute! I love them. The paw print is a nice addition. You always have the nicest knitted items. I love seeing what you make.

I'll say a prayer for Sam that all goes well this time :)

Happy knitting :)

Violiknit said...

Those socks are fantastic!!! I love the pawprint and how you incorporated the mosaic pattern; total genius!

Hope Sam gets better soon!

Anonymous said...

I missed these! VERY CUTE!

Anonymous said...

Oh! Those socks are adorable! :-)

Isabelle
http://tricotine.typepad.com/weblog/2006/12/index.html