Saturday, November 18, 2006

Charity knitting!

I was late picking up yesterday's mail. I found a package with this yarn in it. No, I didn't order yarn. It's from Connie of Pick Up Sticks. She donated some yarn to people who agreed to knit something for the Women's Shelter Yellow Brick House in Aurora. Well I'm one of those people. I'll be making some hats. Don't know which pattern yet.

Before I start on the hats though, I'll finish my Log Cabin blanket, yeah yeah, you've heard it before. But what you don't know is, that I'm already on the second log of the border. In a couple of days I'll be done!!! ;o)


I took this picture last night. Sam is sooooooo bored. He's playing with a bone.

Right now he's resting because we just returned from our first walk down the road. He was not happy when I turned around, but he has to take it slow. He's doing great.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bones are his last choice of amusement? And tough rocks, Sam, you've got to take it easy for a bit.

Pretty yarn for the hats! When you're done with the Log Cabin. So close.

Anonymous said...

How good it is to hear that Sam is doing so much better now, yay for that!
I really love the yarn you've been getting, especially the yellow one - looking forward to seeing which hat-patterns you're going to decide for!

hakucho said...

Connie was so nice to donate the yarn and very lucky to get such a wonderful knitter to make hats with that beautiful yarn!
Happy knitting :)

Violiknit said...

Ooh! What lovely yarn to knit with for such a lovely cause. Happy to see Sam is on the mend.