Thursday, June 22, 2006

Warning! Log Cabin overload!

click on pictures to enlarge




It's done!

I've started my Log Cabin in April ' 06 and finished it on June 22nd, 2006. It's 53"x 56" big and I would have made it even bigger if I hadn't run out of yarn. The yarn is a mixture of superwash wool and 100% wool since I used up some of my stash. The last "log" of the border had 250 sts in one row (the center square started out with 21 sts). I've put a couple of black stripes on the dark side to pronounce it and some cream colored stripes on the lighter side as well and some rows with eyelets just to counteract the bordom of knitting miles of garter stitch. At the end I had just not enough of the orange left to finish the log so I used the cream yarn for more than a row. On the dark side I had to fudge as well but since it was with an existing colored yarn it's not too obvious.

I'm glad it's done and over with. And as you all know, the next blanket is already on the needles. See ya!

15 comments:

Pooch said...

You definitely have smoking hot needles after completing your log cabin blanket! It is absolutely gorgeous! Snuggling in an art work must be especially satisfying!
:)

Anonymous said...

Looks wonderful, Monika!

Anonymous said...

Very nice!

blissfulknitter AT gmail DOT com

Abigale said...

All I can say is WOW! Really amazing Monika! Good job - and pat yourself on the back - not the least for actually finishing the sucker (says she whose LC has been languishing at home)

Can't wait to see the progress on the new blanket - love the colors!
Abi

Knittypants said...

Wow! Amazing blanket, I am jealous of your quick knitting skills. Everytime I look you have made another beautiful knit.

maryse said...

very cool!

Midnight Purls said...

Your blanket looks amazing! Can't wait to see the other one all knit up as well.

Carrie K said...

It looks fabulous!

Chris said...

It's gorgeous - you have THE EYE.

Beverly said...

Monika,

Your log cabin blanket is beautiful. I enjoyed looking at your blog and all the different projects.

diddlinaknits said...

Very Beautiful!! i love the sharp contrast of the colors! You have the eye for color!! can't wait to see what other blankets you make.

Liz said...

Wow! I love it! Really great job. :) I'm bookmarking your colorscheme... it's really striking!

Marji said...

gorgeous blankets. Love the colorways

diosaperdida said...

ok..I am inspired....seeing yours has finally made me break down and add a log cabin blanket to my list of to do's.

Anonymous said...

Monika, I'm currently working on my first log cabin, and I'm having some issues with the picking up of stitches. Sometimes it's uneven, or too thick, etc. Would you mind e-mailing me at jbonline15 at yahoo dot ca so we can chat about it? Seeing as you seem to be quite the pro, I figure you're a good resources. :-D Love the colours!