Thursday, May 18, 2006

My first socks made with self dyed yarn!

This is proof, that I do indeed have two dogs. This is Biko being very sleepy and bored. It's raining outside and nevertheless, we went for a walk earlier. But it was not enough for her (it never is). Oh well. She's not impressed with the sock yet.

I'm so proud of myself! I love this color. I don't care about pooling, in fact, I like it a lot. It's interesting to knit because you don't know how it will turn out. I've started the pattern which is a simple littel diamond.

And, another first, I've started this sock from the toe-up! Never done that before. I can't imagine how the heel is going to work out and how it's going to fit over my foot, but we'll get there soon enough. Right now I'm enjoying knitting it.
And by the way, I did finish the Pinwheel blanket first. I had a hard time letting the sock yarn just sitting there, untouched, but the slow drying process helped a little. ;o)
The Pinwheel blanket has to be blocked before I'll post a picture. It's much prettier that way.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh my goodness...the socks look awesome! I might have to steal those colors and dye some like that.

Anonymous said...

The socks look great, Monika - great
dye job!
And the pinwheel blanket looks good, too :)